UPDATE: Tropical Storm Erika & Suspension of Flight Operations

  1. Maggie August 28, 2015 at 1:31 pm

    When will you know what time the airport will reopen? If our flight is cancelled tomorrow, we can’t get out until Monday. If we wait and see, then all the flights on Monday could book up and then United does not fly on Tuesdays.
    And is the airport planning on notifying the airlines of the closure?

    • admin August 28, 2015 at 1:58 pm

      An assessment will be made tomorrow morning regarding the resumption of flight operations. Airlines are always kept informed.

  2. PS August 28, 2015 at 3:33 pm

    Please open airport asap!! It is our honeymoon. We have been tracking the storm nonstop and the eye is not going to be hitting T&C, it will go west from Haiti. Pleaseeeeeee let us come 🙁

    • admin August 28, 2015 at 3:58 pm

      Congratulations and you are welcomed to visit our islands. If and when flight operations are suspended, every effort will be made to resume operations propmtly. Safety is our first priority.

  3. jay gem August 28, 2015 at 4:32 pm

    Open airport… I cannot afford to stay here any longer..look at weather.com…no storm coming

  4. Maggie August 28, 2015 at 4:36 pm

    Yes – what she said! It’s her honeymoon. What worries me about you guys waiting until tomorrow to make the call is that United might cancel the flight when they hear the airport is closed. And then we couldn’t get there until Monday. Any chance someone can make the call overnight when it’s clear the storm will have a more southerly track?

  5. Matt August 28, 2015 at 5:15 pm

    Please stay open, the new track of the storm is further west, and shoulndt really be bad in provo!!!!!

  6. Renaldo gabriel August 28, 2015 at 5:54 pm

    I’m in Ottawa Canada and I just want to come home and storm Erika is going west of Turks and Caicos please open the airport

  7. Irene August 28, 2015 at 6:07 pm

    my Westjet flight from Toronto to Turks and Caicos (and my Beaches vacation) was cancelled yesterday at 7:00 pm .
    Was scheduled to depart Toronto at 9:30 am and arrive at 12:30 pm. Too bad the airline did not wait and see…

  8. Ray August 28, 2015 at 7:04 pm

    All the weather data says the wind/water effects of Erika will be minor for Turk and Caicos. Delta still has not cancelled their Saturday flights. Please open the airport. If the airport services are this unreliable it sends a dangerous message for future tourists (including myself).

    • Jeorge August 29, 2015 at 1:52 pm

      Seriously??! What a fool.
      I suspect you would be the very first person to sue someone if they had allowed flights in and something tragic happened.